Auburn, WA 98002 US
Locally owned and operated freight company with more than 1,700 employees in seven states is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to oversee our complex payroll operations. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in payroll administration and be a strong communicator with a proven ability to work with others. The Payroll Specialist will create policies, review compensation plans and prepare reports for payroll analysis. This is a great opportunity to join a consulting group that is quickly growing and offers great benefits and perks.
Position: Payroll Specialist
Location: Auburn, WA
Compensation: $25.00 - $34.00/hr (DOE)
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Benefits: Paid Weekly, Paid Sick Leave, Affordable Healthcare Plan, Simple IRA (401K)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Payroll Specialist Position Summary:
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, maintaining accurate payroll records, auditing, garnishments, managing payroll taxes, HRIS updates, compliance audits, and payroll processing.
- Requires 3+ years of related experience working with payroll, payroll tax, and garnishment administration.
- Previous experience working with Ceridian-Dayforce is preferred, but not required.
- Experience processing payroll in multiple states.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
New Era Staffing & HR Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.